Pure Gonzo Engineering

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kitchen Remodel: Day 8

I didn't get the back splash up tonight. I'm starting to slow down after 8 days. My hands are raw. Last night I put some lotion and Aquaphor on them and put socks over them while I slept to keep them moist. It helped. There's something in tile grout that dries the hell out of them.





It's hard to get work done when a two year old is following you around wanting to do what you are.


I got a skim coat of thin set down to level the back splash area. I made it a bit wet though so it didn't dry very fast.


We got all the drawer pulls installed



And the dining room cleaned up after the carnage. My wife also got all the window and door trim touched up with white, which I hate doing so I'm glad she did.

Tomorrow I want to get the light fixture in, the back splash tile set, and the floor grout sealed. With those things done, I would just need to grout and seal the back splash and do trim work and touch up paint. Then I think it would be just about done.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • the kitchen looks awesome- hang in there, you're almost done. Then you can go back to your nice cushy day job

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 PM, March 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home