Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kitchen Remodel: Day 2

Day two started at 8:00 am. Both my dad and I were sore from yesterday's intense demolition work. We started by laying cement board on the sub floor to give a solid surface to lay the ceramic floor tile on. Here is a good video of how to cut cement board.



The finished floor.


We're adding a row of floor and wall cabinets with a microwave cabinet on this wall. We needed to add two outlets. One for above the counter top, and another for the microwave. It took a while to screw with fishing the wires, but it all worked out pretty well. The fish tape was well worth the $15.


Dad started to rebuild the wall which will hold the breakfast bar, as I prepped for priming the walls with a blue tinted primer.


Drywalling, and looking tired.



Drywalling and mudding and priming done.



Didn't quite get to finish painting today, but we worked from 8 am to 10 pm, so it was a full day. I'm taking all next week off of work. Tomorrow we'll finish paint the walls, and begin cabinet installation.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • You have my complete admiration... One thing I will not ever do in life is lay tile. I had my walls of my upstairs bathroom done for me. Floor to ceiling... looks like a fancy hotel up there now.

    Does Southwest fly into Peoria? I'd like to see the finish work sometime and I all I do is rack up flights...

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:26 PM, March 17, 2008  

  • Most likely not, I would guess they go to Chicago.

    I've never done tile before, so we'll see if I ever want to do it again.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 11:08 PM, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home