Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Birthday's was the worst days, but now we drink champagne when we thirs-ta

Attending performance reviews always puts me in a rotten fucking mood. It’s a shame this one had to be on my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

I sat down with my interim boss and my new boss and went over my goals and results for the year. It was all smiles and fun and love. All the measurable goals I have I’m far exceeding, reports completed on time, customers fully satisfied based on survey results, training classes completed in a timely way, volunteer to lead training requirements for my group, reviews normally done by managers completed…

YET when I say I was told I was at a 3b after my last review. My goal is a 3a, where do I need to improve to get to that rating.

Well, we need to get you more up to your capacity.

Translation: You aren’t working enough unpaid overtime. I put in at least 45 hours a week and that’s about my fucking limit.

Cause I don’t get paid for it and

I only get to see my son, if I work my current schedule, for 4 hours a day, of which two of that is hurried dinner sort of things that aren’t actually quality time. So they would want me to work another hour or more a day so I would see him less.

I think that verges on discrimination of some sort.

Find some other chump to work your 60-hour workweek who doesn’t have kids and a pregnant wife.

They apparently don’t want you to achieve the measurable goals they’ve set, they really want you to take on more work than you can do in a 45 hour week, be late with your reports, have unsatisfied customers, unfinished safety training, etc, etc.

Happy Birthday,

Dear

Law

ryde

Happy Birthday to you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • They can't all be winners, and some end up to be big losers ( birthdays, not people...well, ok, people too).
    Nevermind all that and you will have a great moment, if not a great day.
    Happy Birthday!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM, February 26, 2008  

  • Could have been born on Christmas and you'd feel the world hated you more.

    They just want you to do more of your quality work because no one else is hitting their marks. You make them look good. And they want more because they have some sort of bonus tied to it. Trust me...

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:34 PM, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home