Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, February 15, 2008

I Felt the Cold Rain of the Coming Storm

I found out today what I’ll be working on for the next year (literally a full years worth of work).

I’m weighing the pluses and minuses of this rotten assignment.

I get to work with the machine engineer I worked on pipelayers with. He’s good people.

I have to do the work for a dude who I don’t play hockey with, and whom I don’t think has a similar style or personality as myself. Not Gonzo Engineering.

The machine will be mine and mine alone to test for the year. It’s a dedicated hydraulic test-bed.

It’s the highest volume bulldozer we sell, best I don’t fuck something up or miss something.

I’ll be pushed to work more overtime than I would ever consider.

I won’t work said overtime.

I’ll receive flak for not working that overtime.

I’ll be forced to tell them to find some other stooge who doesn’t have a kid and a pregnant wife, or two kids and a wife at home or be happy with my 40-45 hours a week.

Or fucking pay me overtime and I’ll consider putting in more time.

I’m planning on becoming a 179 millionaire tonight playing Mega Millions so maybe this editorial is just masturbation.

I mean how unlikely is it that I won’t have had the machine randomly predict a series of numbers picked in the future?

I was fantasizing about winning that big wad of cash today, and I thought my wife and I would each just take 1 million dollars and spend it immediately on whatever. Get that spending spree out of the way.

I was having a hard time thinking of shit to spending it on.

Unless you buy crazy big-ticket items it’s kind of hard. I’d buy a fast expensive car that would be like $100,000. I’d pay everything off I owe which is only like $175,000. I’d pay my tattoo artist a lump sum of money so that I could call at any time and get an appointment to get whatever I wanted done on my torso. I figure that would be like $20,000. I’d buy a shit load of hockey gear that maybe would reach like $20,000 if I got goalie stuff as well. I guess I’d get a bunch of electronic toys. I still only be getting close to half a million.

Now that was an exercise in masturbation.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home