Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, February 04, 2008

Thundersnow

We had this rare weather phenomenon yesterday. It was strange as hell. All of a sudden I see this flash through the curtains and then there is a loud boom. I look outside and it’s snowing like crazy. It continued on for a while. The whole thing just offends your senses. Snow and thunder and lightning just don’t mix. It might as well have been raining frogs. That’s kind of what it felt like.

I’m on the verge of all this big cash coming my way. I’ve got a $6400 bonus (after tax), a $2500 tax refund, and maybe a $1300 stimulus check that should all be coming in the next several months. That’s over 10 G’s. What will get done with all this extra cash? I’ll be paying off a substantial amount of unsubstantiated debt, buying all the shit for a full kitchen remodel planned for March, buying a new digital camera, paying for doula services, prepaying for our midwife (should get all that back from flex spending and insurance), paying to get the rest of my sleeve done, and the rest… I guess I’ll save? Yes, save the rest for the time period when the baby is born, my wife isn’t working, and I get my next raise in August.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Whoa!! Wait a minute, you are a liberal, you can't save!! You are supposed to give it to the poor or some high school kid to get an abortion or something. Save a tree! You can't save... Not in this economy. How can you afford to be taxed more when Hillary gets in office if you keep saving money? You are not supposed to economically be better off.

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:55 PM, February 04, 2008  

  • So, so, so jealous. Thunder is quite possibly the thing I miss the most about home. It's a phenomenon that just doesn't happen in my part of the world -- and so to combine it with snow, well...I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Sig., at 8:01 PM, February 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home