Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, January 14, 2008

Two is Terrible

As if by magic, the moment my son ate his birthday cake he became this evil little two year old. He was all jacked up which was fun to play with him, but he didn’t want to go to sleep at all. He’s testing all these boundaries now. Bothering the dog, throwing food he doesn’t like, throwing objects, and just being a jerk about sleeping. Like everything, I’m sure this is just a phase, but it sucks.

Last night I scored the game-winning goal in a 3-2 victory over the Orange team. This kid (16 or 17) on the other team had his family there, and his mom was being very vocal. When I scored the goal, I skated to center ice held my stick up and did a little dance. (Kind of a naked Irish Jig with hockey pads on.) I looked up at them and asked where the applause were. They just shot me dirty looks.

The end of this month, and all through February, we’re going to be playing the worst B-League teams. It should be fun, and will give me a flavor of what it’s like to play in B-League. Most likely we’ll get our asses handed to us. We’d be competitive if we didn’t have a few of our worst players, but we are a C-League team.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home