Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, January 04, 2008

Lawryde of Death Metal

I’m really into the death metal band All That Remains. Listening to the music you’d think that someone who is pissed off or angry would like it. I’m not feeling either of those things right now, but I’m really digging it. I like how they combine melodic sections in addition to the screaming. Kind of like life, you hope for more melodic sections than screaming sections, but the screaming works sometimes too.

I’ve been selected to participate in the Peoria County jury system next week. I finally get setup for my cold testing and I have to serve fucking jury duty. I haven’t been in the field for like a month.

Lawryde’s steps for getting ejected from jury duty:

#1 Wear short sleeve shirt: Any prosecuting attorney worth a shit will axe me after he takes one look at my girls boobs. Tattoos = flaw in decision making ability.

#2 If asked the question: Do you feel you can fairly evaluate this case, answer NO. The follow up question will invariably be Why? My reason will be that each time I tried to contest a speeding ticket with scientific evidence the prosecuting attorney was a total ass bag with me. He assumed I was less intelligent than he was. He was in the position of power. That really pissed me off. I don’t like, trust, or respect lawyers, particularly prosecuting attorneys, therefore I can’t be fair with the bubbling hatred for the jackasses prosecuting and defending clouding my reason.

We’ll see how it plays out next week.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Wear a huge crucifix around your neck... Mumble to the guy next to you.

    By Blogger Steve, at 3:48 PM, January 04, 2008  

  • That guy's voice is so gonna be fucked!!!

    Totally made on Pro Tools too. The bass drums are in humanely fast. No one's feet are that fast... Except maybe the dude from Primus...

    By Blogger Steve, at 3:54 PM, January 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home