Pure Gonzo Engineering

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Blue Line

Last night I got my hockey mojo back.

Before the game I took a look at the standings. We're 4-1, another team is 5-1, and everyone else is somewhere below, including the firefighters and my ex-team, the orange team, who are 0-5-1 Ha!

Anyway, that put us into second place with one more game than the other team to play.

We were playing the Japanese Female Doctor Team, and I was expecting a difficult game. They've got several really good players.

Phil, Drew, Mike and I opened it up strong. We got an odd-man rush. I was taking it up the left side with Mike and Phil trailing. I put a perfect pass onto Phil's stick and he put it in.

A few shifts later I scored with a nice little wrist shot from the left circle. I got a second goal which Mike said was "retarded". Retarded in how I managed to get the puck on the right side, as I had to reach for it and just barely got control of it and popped it in.

It felt good to play that well after sucking balls for the last few games. Now we're tied at 5-1 for first place. After holiday break we play the team we're tied with. This season is proving that just having a couple stellar players can't beat a team of decent players.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home