Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, November 19, 2007

Lawryde's Good and Bad Weekend

I kind of had this Duality of Man weekend.

On Friday my hockey team (and I call it my team because I put it together and have taken a kind of leadership role) had it’s second game of the season. We lost to the ass hat firefighters two weeks ago, so I was kind of down and expecting to lose every game. We played team Yordy that is a collection of some of the Bradley College students who just play hockey for fun, and some other dudes who are pretty cool. It was kind of back and forth for the first few shifts.

We had a face-off in their end, I was playing center. I won it clean back to the point. The defensemen had a nice shot that got through traffic. There was a big rebound that came right to me on the left side, and I poked it in. We didn’t look back after that. We ended up winning 7-4.

Next game we play the team that Phil, Mike, Drew and I broke out of to form this new team. It should be fun taking those teenage kids to school.

On Saturday I was invited over to a dude I work with’s house to play some Guitar Hero with a bunch of people. I know, I was the same way. I thought Guitar Hero was stupid, and the people who play it are poser nerds who have never seen a heavy metal band live, and who desperately want to be cool tattooed rock stars, but I found out that it’s actually a fun game. It’s got some good rock songs and it tests your hand eye coordination. Apparently mine is pretty good from the years and years of playing video games because I went from never playing the game to the hard difficulty level by the end of the night. I think I’m going to ask for Guitar Hero III for Christmas. Go ahead, start calling me names, but remember I DO have a bunch of tattoos, and a wallet that gives me the title of “Bad Mother Fucker”.

On Sunday I was in a bad-fucking mood. I’m not really sure why. It was a crappy rainy Fall day, I had to go grocery shopping in a store full of old ladies with giant carts of food for Thanksgiving, my fucking toilet that I thought I fixed kept getting stuck, I don’t know. It’s like none of the good things that happened the previous days had happened. I did manage to get the toilet back to working order.

I hope.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • you sound kind of whiney- why let one bad day spoil the guitar game buzz? and as you said- you DO have the tattoos and bad mother fucker wallet- what more could you want from life? who needs a working toilet when you have all that going for you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM, November 19, 2007  

  • I almost threw my head through the screen. "All That Remains" is cool shit...

    Guitar Hero is for pussies that do not have the balls to learn a real musical instrument. I refuse to be in the room when someone is playing it. I'll fire up my own guitar and show the freaking computer how to play... And you didn't get your good hand eye coordination down from playing video games. We all know how that happens... /dickhead comment mode

    Cool...you guys won. I was pulling for you.

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:05 PM, November 19, 2007  

  • You forgot the part where you treated your wife like she was a pile of trash.
    /bitter comment

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 PM, November 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home