Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, November 16, 2007

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

When an objective third party who knows a lot about marriage tells you that you have a pretty good marriage, it makes you feel good.

50% of all marriages end in divorce

In 45% of all marriages one or both partners are miserable.

4% of all marriages are still in the honeymoon phase.

In 1% of all marriages both partners are happy and satisfied.

It’s a beautiful, sacred institution though isn’t it?

I miss sleeping next to my Carter on a regular basis. We bought him a twin bed, and last night I fell asleep with him until midnight. It made me miss the times he would nuzzle up and sleep with us all night.

My fictitious summit bid of Mount Everest has begun. Lapsang and I arrived in Nepal and have begun amassing supplies to burden down a yak for our trip to our base camp. The yak objected to my insistence on bringing a satellite, 42” television, and generator, but I’ve got to watch my stories. Lapsang agreed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home