Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, January 28, 2008

Death Would Have Been Easier

Last night I fought through a terrible bit of influenza or something. When Carter and my wife returned from Vegas, Carter had some diarrhea. Whatever he had, or some form of it, I had last night.

I went to bed about 10:00, and all of a sudden my stomach and lower intestines revolted. I was puking and crapping every few minutes. I spent the rest of the night downstairs on the couch praying for a swift death. I couldn't even drink water without throwing it up. I was having the chills, and my whole body ached from being contorted into a ball. At around four A.M. I was finally able to drink water. I was so dehydrated that my arms and legs were tingling.

Last night ranks right up there with the most horrible nights I've ever experienced.

I feel better today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Well, I'll be damned. This is one case where "what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas" doesn't seem to hold true. Hope you're feeling better soon. Wishing for a "swift death" is not good for the mind.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:12 PM, January 28, 2008  

  • Don't you hate when it comes out of both ends? Especially when it comes out the bottom first... Then you have to stuff your head into the toilet and see first hand what came out first...

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:43 PM, January 29, 2008  

  • You know what I hate? How people talk about their bowels like other people want to hear about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM, January 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home