Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Building Momentum

“Sometimes the train is going 100 miles an hour and you’re better off getting out of the way rather than trying to stop it.” – some asshole at work talking about a bullshit process I no longer have to deal with.

Anyway, in that case momentum is a bad thing, but when it comes to Obama’s momentum it’s a good think. I’m stoked he’s pulled within like 20 delegates of Clinton including Sűper Delegates.

My wife put it best regarding how we don’t really like Clinton. She said that Clinton seems like “Mom” from Futurama. When she’s speaking publicly she’s all nice and happy looking, and then as soon as she gets behind closed doors she’s an űber bitch.

Last Friday we went to Lowes and Home Depot and started planning our kitchen remodel. Our kitchen sucks balls. We’re going to gut it and redo everything. My dad is coming down Good Friday week and we’re going to have at it. It should be a good time. It will be like old times when we redid our kitchen at home like 10 or 12 years ago. I’m going to make sure I wear steel toes for this remodel. Last time I accidentally kicked a drill that was laying on the floor and it went right through my shoe and stuck underneath my little toe. It only went in about a half inch, but it didn’t feel good. I’m working all the numbers and layouts and material stuff right now. We need to get the cabinets and counters ordered in about two weeks.

Got my taxes filed this weekend, the economic stimulus thing is going to get through, my bonus is on the way, a class action lawsuit against Belkin that I qualify for is going to payout about $130, I’m just waiting for the cash to roll in so I can let it roll out for kitchen and baby stuff.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • IKEA... check out IKEA before you go to Home Depot or Lowes. Save a bundle and be richer. (get a metric tape measure though)

    I am glad you guys won't vote for Hillary... It makes me smile. :)

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:04 PM, February 11, 2008  

  • There are no IKEA's in Peoria, and I don't want to have to assemble my own cabinets.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 12:50 PM, February 12, 2008  

  • Yes, definitely not worth driving 3 hours to Chicago to go to IKEA. When we become big city folks and can shop at IKEA, then I guess we'll know we've really made it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM, February 12, 2008  

  • lol... y'all never been to the city of West sacramento have you...LOL!!!

    Google Map West Sacramento sometime... zoom around. Look at the farm land all around... It's like , industry... po dunk strip malls and this massive IKEA store built in the middle of nowhere. (now there is Home Depot and Walmart next to it but...)

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:23 PM, February 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home