Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, February 25, 2008

I am familiar with the works of Pablo Neruda

So I learned that I was decieved by Christianity while I was growing up. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

I was lead to believe that I had a soul that would, upon my death, either rise up to heaven because I was good, go down to hell if I was bad, or go to pergatory if I was OK (I was always aiming for purgatory, and yes, I was raised Catholic.)

Anyway, turns out that the bible NEVER says ANYWHERE in it that man has an immortal soul inside of him. If he did, he’d be on the same frequency as God, and you couldn’t have that. Christianity expounds that man if flesh, and when he dies, he dies, until Jesus Christ comes back and resurects everyone who was good, and casts the wicked down into the lake of fire. So, when you die, you lay in your box, unconcious, until Jesus comes back. Christians don’t have souls, not in the immortal soul sense that I think most every Christians in America thinks, and that Plato came up with back in the day. Everyone dug the immortal soul idea that Plato had so it has survived, but it isn’t true Christian doctorine.

Check your bibles if you like, ask your priest or pastor or whoever if he can give you a line in the bible that talks about your immortal soul and how it will some day float up to heaven.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Well... I did find that cool website that talked about it for you:

    http://lawryde.blogpsot.com

    Bad time to talk about religion on a blog.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:47 PM, February 25, 2008  

  • In the bible, soul is also referred to as life and spirit. Here's few verses for you to look up, if you have a bible in your house:

    Genesis 35:18, 1 Samuel 16:14 and Matthew 10:28.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM, February 26, 2008  

  • Sorry dude, the immortal soul is a Greek Philosophical construction, which I believe in, but it isn't part of Christianity. Christianity is about the resurrection, not the immortal soul. Most Eastern religions believe in an immortal soul.

    Your passages don't prove the bible supports an immortal soul, they're wrong by translation, context, and interpretation.

    Translation 1: She was dying, and as she breathed her last, she named the child Ben-oni (My Sorrow's Son). His father called him Benjamin.

    Your translation: And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died)."

    The Hebrew word, "nephesh" rendered "soul" in this passage is translated "life" in one hundred other passages, E.g. Ex. 4:19; 21:23; 21:30


    -Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
    15 Saul's attendants said to him, "See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you. 16 Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the harp. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes upon you, and you will feel better."

    Context, it’s talking about the grace of God, God’s goodness had left Saul. He hadn’t died or his soul wasn’t gone.


    Although some people use this text to support their belief of the immortality of the soul, it plainly says the soul is something that can be destroyed in hell! Thus, whatever this "soul" is, it could not be immortal!
    The Greek word here translated "soul" is psuche. It refers to the same thing as the Hebrew word nephesh. It simply means "life," "existence."
    In Matthew 10:28, Christ obviously uses this word to refer to "life" that man cannot destroy—but which God can. What kind of life could this be? Obviously life that God restores by a resurrection!
    Man cannot "destroy" a life that God turns right around and renews. But God can destroy it—permanently—by casting the resurrected physical person into the "lake of fire," never to be resurrected again!

    By Blogger lawryde, at 2:44 PM, February 26, 2008  

  • Fuck it...

    Job 10:1 (King James)

    My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

    that sort of talks about the soul leaving it's earthly life doesn't it or being bitter at being here?

    Lawryde... you should also see this when it comes out:

    http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:47 PM, February 26, 2008  

  • It's a translation issue again. In Hebrew the word for life and soul are used in the same way.

    They aren't talking about an immortal soul.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:14 AM, February 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home