Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, March 10, 2008

Midway upon the road of our life I found myself within a dark wood, for the right way had been missed.

Last night we lost 5-3 to the asshate firefighters. We were winning 3-2 and they brought out their ringer who had been sitting the first half of the third period. He came in and scored gave a little fist pump and hit the boards with his stick. What a fucking dick. What kind of pathetic asshole feels good about poaching down in a lower league? He played in some house leagues a few years back. It was a demoralizing loss. Phil said he wasn’t going to play anymore C-League games. I guess he’s too good for us now that Robert Morris College club team called him back for a second skate. Whatever, his choice.

My sink and glass tile came in on Friday for the kitchen. The glass tile looks nice, well worth the extra cost. I’ve got all the custom and special order stuff in my possession now. Just need to buy some of the core building materials and supplies. I’ll wait until my dad gets here to get most of that stuff. This is going to be a long boring week waiting to get started on the kitchen. I’ll be reading up on how to do all the shit I don’t know how to do in the meantime. People always ask me if I’ve done this or that prior to doing any sort of remodeling work. Do you know how to refinish wood floors? No, but it can’t be all that hard. If I make small mistakes it’s not a big deal in a starter home. Then, when I move into a house I’m going to live for a while I’ll know what I’m doing.

Carter has an incredible memory. He knows were every piece of heavy equipment is our town. Prior to passing a backhoe, for example, he’ll shout out backhoe. Then about a block later you’ll see a backhoe at a jobsite that has been there for a few weeks. He knows how to get to the stores we frequent. When we go to Lowes, he’ll say “That way, Daddy,” at the left turn off the main road. He remembered that there was a Ford Mustang parked in front of the hockey rink, and was sad when it wasn’t there. He’s also just starting to use the toilet. It’s not consistent, but at least he’s getting into it early.

My boss may be sitting in my cube at some time in the foreseeable future. Not good, not good at all. It will basically make every day the worst day of my working life. He’ll know exactly when I come in, exactly when I eat lunch, exactly when I’m on the internet, exactly when I leave, exactly what kind of person I am. Hopefully one of my other cube members convinced another supervisor that it was a bad idea.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home