Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kitchen Remodel: Day 4, Marty Shows Up

Today we continued installing the cabinets. My dad nearly killed himself when a piece of filler strip he was cutting kicked back on the table saw and sent a piece of wood flying through and shattering a bottle of torch oil and grazing his hand. Had he been standing directly behind the blade it would have done some serious damage to him. Use all of your saw guards kids, they're there for a reason. We got a lot done today.

Second upper going up.


Luckily expert cabinet installation technician Marty showed up so things went quickly.


Damn he's good.


It's like he's not even exerting himself.


A whole new wall of cabinets, much better than the microwave stand by the fridge.


Counter tops are on and the gaps are OK enough to be able to work with back splash tile and trim work. They aren't screwed on yet. My dad was done after 13 hours of work.



The corner and back of breakfast bar


The glass mosaic we'll be using for the back splash.

Tomorrow it's time to learn how to tile. That will take all day, at least we'll have to wait to do anything else for 24 hours while it dries.

Oh sweet Jesus, it's 10:20 and I have to go paint the ceiling so it's done before the tile gets put down. I just pounded some Mountain Dew so hopefully I can get it done in a couple hours.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM, March 18, 2008  

  • I took a sheet of plywood through a table saw once into the sternum. It sucked!! Took the corner... it came off me and flew back into the shop wall snapping in two.

    Saw a kid lose a finger once on the Radial Arm saw... I was a TA so I had to go find it... (Looked in the wrong place... some other brave soul found it) Wood Shop and Band... that was me in High School

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:52 PM, March 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home