Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kitchen Remodel: Day 11

On day 10 nothing really interesting happened so I didn't post anything. I got the floor grout sealed, and took care of a few odds and ends.

Today I returned the tile saw and table saw to my friends at work. They saved me a couple hundred dollars in rental or purchase fees. I did end up deciding to invest in a good Makita drill and a Hitachi miter saw. I got them factory reconditioned for $160 for both.

I grouted the back splash tonight. It went pretty well. We also got some new chairs for the breakfast bar and the dinning room. My wife also returned and created some framed art on the walls.











Tomorrow I'm not doing a damn thing and going to bed early. In a couple days I'll seal the back splash grout, and when I get my saw in the mail I'll start trim work. Then it's done.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • How come no sunk in sink? Not to be a dick or anything (even though I am, lol) but a sunk in sink makes the counter easier to clean.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:42 PM, March 26, 2008  

  • You kind of need to have stone or granite counter to do that. laminate doesn't have the same nice look if you cut a hole in it and laminate around the opening. Also, this way I didn't have to order the counter with a hole in it. I cut my own so it was perfectly centered.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 12:24 PM, March 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home