Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Weight: Take a load off Lawryde

I know I talk bad about work most(all) of the time, but now that I’m switching jobs in July, my current position is far more tolerable than it was.

I’ve got a few more designs left to release, and then I can just kick back and coast into my new position and grab my 6% raise.

I can do this with my eyes closed after 3.5 years of doing it, so I can listen to music, take my time, and relax.

I’m also taking some online training in hydraulics to prep for my new test job. I don’t particularly enjoy structured learning, but I do like to learn. There’s so much to learn: variable displacement pumps, motors, hydrostatic steering, hydraulic schematics, charge pumps, pilot actuated spool valves…

You can tattoo the nerd, but he’s still a nerdy geek on the inside.

I can still lay claim to being the baddest fucking geek out of the 94,593 people employed at Opposite of Dog.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Does this mean you get to go to the big Opposite of Dog area where they have the big-ass sandbox and drive around in the large devices designed & created at Opposite of Dog?

    That'd be freakin' sweet.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:27 PM, April 26, 2007  

  • Jason-

    I can't look at your profile.

    Enable my access man!

    And yes, I get to be in a big sandbox, or mud pit depending on the weather.

    I'm excited, and I'll still be working on tracked vehicles so it should be cool.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:26 AM, April 27, 2007  

  • don't know how that jason thing got put there -- it's me.

    I don't have a profile to my knowledge..

    stupid fucking machines --

    I'm in the same boat -- fuck bills and UHC -- charge me 3% more in tax.

    Just don't clusterfuck it like Canada.


    Tits to you on access to the giant sandbox.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM, April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home