Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Swinging Pendulum

In my last post, I wrote about how I had been feeling pretty depressed lately.

Yesterday I had a visit with my therapist and talked with him about depression and how to deal with it and how to be more agreeable to my wife while I’m depressed.

It went well, and I felt better after.

Then last night I took Carter to swim lessons, which is every Wednesday. He loves it. We are, by far, the coolest father son/child duo there, me with my tattoos, and he with his Mohawk. We had a good time.

Later that nigh, I went to sleep, woke up for sex, and then got up refreshed this morning to a thin layer of snow on the ground. Sure it’s April, but there is something calming and serene about snow.

I’m really excited about getting my tattoo tomorrow. I have a feeling it’s not going to be very pleasant, being on the inside of my left arm, but it’s going to be hella cool, and very unique. Sperm whale fighting a giant squid, it just sounds fucking awesome.

I feel the pendulum swinging back to happy.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • I don't know that "woke up for sex" really qualifies as a metaphor for sex.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM, April 12, 2007  

  • I am beginning to think you could be the male version of me. Tattoo having, mohawked kid raising, depression batteling, sense of humor having, central illinois living mofo.

    Yeah, I'm so not kidding either.

    I was thinking how could I make arrangements to get a tattoo today because I just felt that need. So, I'm jealous, enjoy your day!

    Hi Wifey Poo & Carter :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 AM, April 13, 2007  

  • Ok, I swear I'm not stalking. But I was looking for a link to your wife's blog. Because we all know women are usually 10 times cooler than their husbands. ;) And sorry for all the typos, it's late, and I got kinda excited, I won't lie.

    And make sure to post pictures of the new ink A.S.A.P I want to show my oldest daughter, she LOVES giant squid and all things having to do with the ocean.

    I promise I'll stop now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM, April 13, 2007  

  • Hey manini-

    I checked out your blog. It's pretty cool. I'll make sure to post my new ink as soon as I can.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:51 AM, April 13, 2007  

  • I don't know, my blog is pretty lame...it's on livejournal so I don't have to write well enough for the world to be interested, just a few people, lol. This is my journal but alot of the posts are friend locked due to a very long story!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM, April 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home