Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Patent Pending

I’ve been busting ass at work lately. We’ve got 4 days left until our designs have to be done for our next build.

Last night I was so exhausted that I went to bed with Carter at 8:00 and didn’t get up until he got up at 6:30. It felt good.

It looks like my hard work is going to pay off with getting my name on a patent for something I helped design for this machine. It’s pretty cool, even though any jackass with some money can patent whatever whacked out idea they want. I’ll get $100 from Opposite of Dog and a cool plaque. I can also walk around and say I hold a patent for my designs.

I went to talk to my tattoo artist Kalib today to set up an appointment to get my “Battle Under the Sea” tattoo of a sperm whale fighting a giant squid. It’s going to be tits, and painful. The last part of my left arm that is large enough for a big piece is my inner bicep. I don’t think it’s going to be kittens and puppies when I get it done. My left arm sleeve will almost be done then. All I’ll need to do is fill in the spaces with small stuff. Small stuff being the size stuff most people get for their first tattoo. I’ll be getting the work done on the 31st, and you’ll be the first ones to see pictures.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • $100?! We got a dollar where I work if you get your name on a patent.

    By Blogger Nick, at 2:34 PM, March 22, 2007  

  • I think it is amazing when you can do something that influences big business. I work for a large Fortune 500 company, similar in a lot of ways to your "Opposite of Dog" place. One tiny little solution or idea can soon become policy for your division or company wide. It's kind of surreal.

    If it were me I'd hold out for $200. Those bastards and their stupid "Work for Hire" laws in US Code Title 17. Damn them!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 12:43 PM, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home