Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I O GOD

I saw that license plate as I was coming into work today. I thought it was interesting. Better than the personal initials or last name or some other bullshit people usually put as vanity plates.

I’ve been busy as of late. Lots of work to do at work. Lots of things to do at home. Nothing too terribly interesting has been happening.

Carter can climb things now.

Pictures Removed

I also decided to treat myself nice and, even though it’s over a month until my golden birthday, buy myself a new pair of hockey skates. I bought some Mission Fuel 85’s from my local hockey shop. I was going to buy them online, but I decided to support my local business owner. I’m going to skate on them tomorrow morning. It’s going to suck since my last skates are 8 years broken-in. I’m expecting some blistering and falling.

I’ve become a whore for Mission brand hockey products. I’ve got a Mission Intake helmet, Mission L-2 sticks, and now Mission skates. They make some nice gear.

After buying these skates I O CREDIT.

UPDATE: I skated this morning at an open hockey. The fit of the skates is awesome. No bad rubs or pinching. The heat molding must have done the trick. They are much stiffer than my old skates which is to be expected.

I dont' think they sharpened them well enough though. The blades didn't really have a "bite" to them when I dug in to start. I'm going to take them back to the LHS and have them hit them again, which should be on the house since they didn't get it right the first time. Overall though I'm really happy with my purchase.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Get them wet and walk around the house in them. The skates, I mean.

    By Blogger E, at 5:04 PM, January 23, 2007  

  • Awesome buy on the hockey skates



    You're in for a load of trouble with Mr. Carter climbing -- fearless!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM, January 23, 2007  

  • Suppose I'd be laughed off the ice if I went out with the Bauer 3000 skates I had when I was in high school...

    By Blogger Nick, at 10:03 AM, January 24, 2007  

  • I so want to paint that wall... Orange? What possessed you man?

    I cannot wait until my boy climbs. He is still in that jellyfish state where he just about rolls over. 5 1/2 months... Wow!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:42 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • It was my idea to paint the room orange. It's not very photogenic, but everyone seems to like it in person. We'll actually be repainting it a light blue soonish!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • I need a new pair of skates too...I've been putting it off for a few years now, because they're SO expensive. (Mine are also 8 years old...yikes.)

    We always broke skates in by putting on a pair of wet socks and walking around the house in the skates.

    I hope that I can get the next pair molded to my foot -- I've heard good things.

    By Blogger Sig., at 12:20 AM, January 27, 2007  

  • I saw a "NO WAR" plate today -- which, in Alaska, is a pretty big miracle. That guy's lucky he doesn't get his tires slashed.

    By Blogger Sig., at 5:17 PM, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home