Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am Jack’s civic duty

I went and voted this morning. I shuffled into a small dirty room of the local library and waited 15 min before I actually got to vote. This year Illinois is using electronic voting machines. I can’t recall the brand that these were, but they did print out a verification paper prior to your official submission to confirm whom you had voted for. I’ve heard stories about electronic machines that don’t provide some sort of paper trail, and that’s bullshit. You’ve got to have something you can trace back that doesn’t live in the memory of a computer.

I pretty much voted down the line Democrat. I didn’t however vote for Blagojevich for governor. I can’t in good conscience vote for a man doesn’t agree that 18 year olds should be allowed to be tattooed, yet did pass legislation to make tattoo parlors meet certain health standards so more people can donate blood (pushed by lobbying from blood donor organizations). I also didn’t vote for Jesse White for secretary of state, because I think it’s creepy how his face and name are plastered on all of Illinois DMV items.

I guess we’ll find out late tonight how the House and Senate have fared. It’s all about voter turnout now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home