Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am Jack’s backed up feces

Nothing like a good political post to get everyone’s tempers flared. All you Bush supports will like to know he’s flip-flopped on Iraq and now is OK with a time table. Do I hear cut-and-run? He also pulled a truly Orwellian move in saying he never had a policy of Stay The Course in a recent interview.

And in case you’re worried about the Democrats taking back the House and possibly the Senate, you can relax.

Anyway, after 13 months, the soft maple tree in my back yard re-infiltrated my sewer system causing it to backup. I called up Roto Rooter, and they came out and cut them out. I must say their customer service has drastically improved in the past 13 months. They’re much more focused on cleanliness than before. They basically send a big drain snake down your main sewer line with a 4” diameter cutting head on it. It spins and flings sewer water all over the place. They have this little cover tent thing now to prevent it from getting all over your basement. They also did their own cleanup afterwards. They pulled out the cutter and it was covered in roots. In a way I was glad to see this since I was worried that a joint had collapsed since I was having so much trouble with it backing up in the past.

My father-in-law came down this last weekend and we built a new front porch/steps. I’ll post some pictures of it. It turned out nice. We used treated tongue and groove deck flooring. We also painted the entire downstairs. He has a paint sprayer so it was a quick process. It was a nasty green and yellow color, now it’s a happy bright white. It makes a big difference.

I’ve felt very strange the last week or so. I can’t quite explain it fully. Being very physically exhausted from working outside and hockey, and also being tired makes for a strange take on reality. It’s not always in a negative way though. Like I said, kind of hard to describe.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Dude... I hear you, I am freaking spent. I took the week off and spent the last four days in Disneyland. Must have walked 20 freaking miles. Gonna make some Youtube stuff. Had today off as well as tomorrow... Shit, what do I mean "off", I am a Republican, I always have the day off...

    Off to clear some brush...

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:39 PM, October 26, 2006  

  • Who is Jack? I don't know Jack.

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:56 AM, October 27, 2006  

  • I am Jack's complete lack of surprise you didn't know this.

    Go to Blockbuster and rent this
    little film called "Fight Club".

    By Blogger lawryde, at 8:11 AM, October 27, 2006  

  • Because of that movie... we named one of our cats Jack.

    "I am Jack's paw, sticking out from under me while I sleep on the ottoman. Without me, I'd walk on three legs instead of four!"

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:00 AM, October 27, 2006  

  • Thanks.

    I haven't set foot in a movie theater in almost 7 years (January 1, 2000). However, I've seen lots of movies on TV and airplanes, but I can't recall that one. Maybe it was the title that scared me off.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:08 PM, October 27, 2006  

  • Chris-It's an amazing movie. One of my favorites. It's also a book. The book is great, but it can be confusing if you haven't seen the movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 AM, October 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home