Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, October 16, 2006

I am Jack’s fatherly instinct

I went to an Attachment Parenting meeting with my wife on Saturday. It was about the father’s perspectives on AP. We had to talk to the group for about 15 min on nighttime parenting.

I really didn’t want to. I hate talking about thing I don’t really know about to complete strangers. I’m afraid I’ll look like an idiot.

It went OK. It made me realize thought that we’re getting sucked into Peoria. Making friends, joining clubs and associations, and the like. It will make it that much more difficult to get out.

My dog skitch is still alive, but he fell down like five stairs this weekend and messed up his back again. My wife took him to the vet today and $125 later he got an injection and meds to take away the pain while he heals the sprain or whatever. His heart disease is progressing though and his esophagus is beginning to collapse. His rear paw also doesn’t really extend due to his nerves not really sparking with his brain correctly. It’s a fucking shame he doesn’t have much time left.

I’ve only been getting 5-6 hours of sleep at night, which isn’t enough for me, and then taking 1-2 hour naps. The result is that I always feel tired and detached. Carter keeps getting up early, and I keep going to bed late since I’m not tired from the naps. It’s a vicious cycle.

And since my buddy Chris doesn’t like stealing, here’s a little trick to get a 2 for 1 deal on coke machines.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home