Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I am Jack’s conceptual realization

I figured out why Instant Grocery List hasn’t been selling well. It’s inaccessible. The majority of people out there with computers don’t feel comfortable in the Excel environment.

My wife wanted to keep track of her expenses and profit from her store. She asked my how to do something in Excel because she just didn’t feel comfortable with it. She could use it if she really wanted to, but it wasn’t nice and comfortable.

Now I need to take my concept, and learn how to make it into a program. I think I’m going to learn Java and turn Instant Grocery List into a Java program.

I took one computer programming class in college and I hated it. It was C++, and the TA that taught it was a dick. He was kind of like Comic Book Guy.

I don’t like the idea of trying to learn something new like this, but I think if I do manage to get a working program it will sell much more. It’s also the issue of time. It takes time and effort to really learn something like a programming language, time I don’t know that I have.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • For what it's worth, this is what you do:

    Create the list for OpenOffice, which a lot of Mac and Linux users download for free.

    Upload the file to one of the free shareware sites with your Pay Pal account as a donation box.

    The update the file once in a while so you get for example, version 1.2, 1.3 (fixes bug with the word Lettuce)

    Then move on. You won't make as much as you think you are gonna make now but at least you'll make something.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:28 PM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home