Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, September 08, 2006

What makes the grass grow? Blood! Blood! Blood!

I finally got my ass up this morning at 5:20 AM to go and play some developmental hockey at 6:00. There were about 20 guys there, mostly B league players. It was the most fun I’ve had playing hockey in quite a while. I’m so used to playing with guys who can’t skate, it was refreshing to play with these guys. I didn’t fuck up too much. I can skate with almost anyone (within reason), but I don’t always know where I’m supposed to be all the time. I even got an atta-boy from one of the better dudes afterwards for my hustle.

The grass I planted last Saturday is germinating. It’s been an ongoing project to grow grass in my backyard. It doesn’t get much sun from the two huge trees, which also suck all the moisture and have a huge root system. I used the special fall mix of seed, and wasn’t expecting it to grow so fast.

Guess what? I’m not a dick anymore. I’ve been cleared of that title as of yesterday.

Buy Instant Grocery List

Buy children’s plush toys from my wife

End communiqué

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • So why aren't you a dick anymore? Did you get a raise or an "atta boy"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM, September 08, 2006  

  • When I had a lawn at the old house, what I would do was over-seed with some Tall Fescue (sp?) and then go over it with some planter's soil not more than an inch or two. I'd water heavily in the morning and then enough when I got home to keep the soil moist on top. In about a week, I'd have sprouts and in about 3 weeks I was mowing it.

    /democrat hippy

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:25 AM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home