Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, August 11, 2006

Work Travel

This was in Jacksonville, before being delayed 2 hours in Atlanta due to thunderstorms, one day before all this no liquids on planes nonsense

Thoughts from Gate A4

I just saw a man carting a baby by as I sit here waiting to go to ATL. It made me miss my Carter. It made me want to cry. I’m so fucking tired right now. We’ve been working and going out to eat for something like 12 or 14 hours each day. I just want to be home right now. I’m not cut out for this much travel. I just saw another little boy. I still miss my Carter, and I still feel like I have to cry.

I’m glad I’m not (drawn square). It makes life more interesting. I’m also glad I’m not conservative. It makes you so hateful. I’m still pretty hateful, but it seems conservatives are more so.

Are Pilots scared of heights? Do they ever get scared before a flight? I’m less than I used to be, scared that is. I still take Dramamine before. It calms and quites me. This is such rambling bullshit. Oh well, I’m not reading it. My plane is here.


Buy Instant Grocery List, I promise you’ll use it and love it.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Why do you think being conservative makes you hateful? I'm not conservative, but I don't think that.

    When I think of conservative, I think church-goer, anti-abortion, pro-gun, low taxes, etc. I don't think any of that is hateful.

    There may be some hateful conservatives, but the idea of conservatism doesn't make you any more hateful than liberalism IMO.

    By Blogger Nick, at 12:39 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • When I think Conservative, I think intolerance to difference and change, you’re going to hell and I’m not-ery, close minded thinking, and selfish greed.

    Plus it was just what passed through my head at the time because of who I had been traveling with and been around.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 1:27 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • You're describing emotions and stereotypes, not political stances or views :)

    But I don't blame you. I hate travelling by plane as much as anyone can. I'm terrified of heights and it drives me crazy just thinking about it.

    By Blogger Nick, at 3:01 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • I think conservative is a synonym(sp?) for intolerant.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 PM, August 11, 2006  

  • Conservatives are intolerant?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

    Okay wait... HA HA HA HA HA HA...

    That's like saying all liberals smoke pot. Or all liberals like killing their babies for vanity reasons when they find out they are pregnant. Or that all liberals drive Priuses. Or that all liberals are anti-war.

    Intolerant eh? Ha...

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:50 AM, August 13, 2006  

  • Hey great blog. You should link me.

    By Blogger Teenage Perfectionist, at 11:32 PM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home