Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, June 08, 2006

That's Lawryde, He's a Dick.

I just had a midsummer’s afternoon review. Everything is cool, cooler than last year with my new boss.

The one thing that’s holding me back is that other managers think I’m a dick (I can’t recall exactly what he said, but that was what he meant.)

I honestly don’t understand this. I’ve mellowed my outward comments to almost nothing since the man kicked me in the nuts last time and almost didn’t give me my guarantied promotion. I turn it down from 11 to 1 every day before I go to work. I smile about getting my benefits cut and the managers taking our money to line their own pockets. I gladly take on work and constantly deliver it on time and under cost.

They say jump, and I ask how high, with a fucking smile.

He brought up two situations, one from a few hours earlier actually. I sent out a defensive email to my previous boss about a hose that was failing when I was sick a couple months ago at home to ease everyone’s mind about it. It apparently made me sound like a dick.

Today I was explaining why I thought how a checker who checked my technical prints wasn’t justified in marking something wrong he did. It apparently made me sound like a dick.

Fuck it… I can’t do anything to please these people. I apparently need to lay on the ground and let them walk on me to make them happy. They don’t want human beings to be doing their designs, they want robots that don’t ask questions and don’t have a soul.

Am I that much of an un-engineer with my tattoos and opinions about not liking getting shafted that I’m no longer even able to mask my contempt for these assholes?

I’ll try for 6 more months. I’ll turn it down from 1 to 0.1.

I need to get out of the corporate world. It’s slowly killing me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Really... I am a total dickhead too. I question authority.

    Great feed back answers:

    "What? I am sorry, did I give you the impression that I thought I walked on water?"

    "Really, it's what I thought you told me to do. Were you expecting something different? What would you like to see from me?"

    and the perfect one...

    "Imagine you had a magic wand, what would want to see?"

    Holy Crap, that one gets them everytime. I even use that one at home!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 4:37 PM, June 09, 2006  

  • The corporate world is a bitch. One big ass hairy bitch.

    By Blogger Nick, at 7:23 AM, June 12, 2006  

  • You crack me up Lawryde. I don't think you're cut out for the corporate world. Sounds like you're marking time. Maybe it's time to figure out what you really want to do with your life. Unfortunately, circumstances being what they are, you are stuck with "the man" for now. Make the best of it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home