Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, May 04, 2006

In the end we're all dead me... dogs.

I think my dog Skitch is dying. Since two nights ago, he hasn’t been his normal chipper self. He shakes more than normal, and he’s very cautious about going up or down stairs on his hind legs. I’m hoping he just pulled a muscle in his back or something. He’s pretty old, at least 12. We adopted him about 2 years ago. He’s deaf and has a heart condition he takes med’s for. He really is the best dog in the world though.

I haven’t been paying as much attention to him due to the baby being around. Yesterday and today I’ve tried to pay more attention to him and carry him up and down the stairs. I really don’t want him to die. I’m just not ready. The odds of finding another dog as cool as he is wouldn’t be an easy task. If he does die, at least Carter isn’t old enough to have gotten attached to him. We’ll be sad enough when he goes let alone having a small child upset about it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry; I know it's really hard to lose a pet- and you will always wish you "spent more time with him". A dog has the purest form of love- completely unadulterated. Any moment you spent playing with him was rapture in his eyes, and he won't hold a grudge or be angry that you spent just a little less time in the end.

    I've been in a similar position. Sick with myself that I was "too busy to love him all day" when my doggie passed. But just take care of him well in his last moments. He'll love you in the end.

    You're in my thoughts.

    By Blogger Jammie, at 3:02 AM, April 30, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home