Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, April 10, 2006

Ding-Dong the AC is gone!

As I sit in my little 8X10 cell (cubicle to some), the air is a bit lighter. The glow of the florescent lights is a bit softer as it dances off the surface of my cup of water.

Everything is a bit more tolerable today after having my extended weekend with last Friday off, but more so, the evil overlord who watched over my shoulder on a daily basis has moved one cubicle down. This may not seem like much, but it makes a world of difference. Now he can’t just turn around and see that I’m typing a story about how much he bothers me. He now has to clomp over in his steel-toed shoes giving me ample time to hit alt+tab and switch back to my company email something that makes me look busy.

Last Thursday he quickly caught a glimpse of my Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow tattoo on my left arm. We were waiting for a meeting to start, and he blurted out loudly: “DID YOU GO AND GET A TATTOO?”

I calmly said no, which is the truth. I haven’t gone and gotten a tattoo in several months. That wasn’t enough for him though. He kept pressing the issue, “So it’s a fake one or something then?”

“It’s nothing” I said, and didn’t say a word more.

The other dude I work with who I also play hockey with who has seen my stripped down after hockey in the locker room, changed the subject and started talking about the weather.

I wanted to tell the jerk it was none of his Goddamn business what was on my arms, which are always covered at work.

Man Conservative Christians bother me. At least I don’t kiss dudes on the weekend.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home