Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden...

“Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

I love Chuck Palahniuk books, even though this quotes is from the movie and not directly from the book.

I can relate to this quote on so many levels. I am a white-collar slave. I work at a job where I have to stifle who I am so I can pay for all the shit that I really don’t need. I grew up and was shaped as a person in the 90’s (age 9-18). There was no defining moment or situation that happened in the 90’s to give me some grand purpose or to put some perspective to life. My war is a spiritual war. I could give two shits about the war on terror right now, and I’m trying to deal with the depression in my life with drugs. I’m slowly learning that I will always be a slave to money, and I will never be remembered after all those that knew me die.

Image hosting by Photobucket

You know what? Sometimes you just have to admit that if you were forced to be gay, you wouldn’t mind it if Brad Pitt was doing you. (I’m comfortable enough in my heterosexuality to admit that.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I too, am comfortable enough in my heterosexuality to admit that I would be ok with Brad Pitt doing it to me.:)
    You are one sad generation. At least I had the Beatles( for a little while)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM, March 16, 2006  

  • You can get bogged down in philosophical garbage about the uncaring universe or you can say "fuck it, I'm going to go have some fun before I die".

    By Blogger E, at 1:24 PM, March 17, 2006  

  • I saw fight club in the theater not knowing what the hell I was seeing and it changed my life. (I actually sell soap for a living, seriously!) I felt bad for a week because I felt I didn't have enough friends, even though I had seen the movie with a high school buddy. I did want to go fight for the hell of it but I didn't thinking I'd get the shit beat out of me. No matter if I was successful or not, I still have that punk, "fuck you" rage about me. I never shook it as I got older. Why should I?

    I am not comfortable enough to say I'd let Brad Pitt do me. He reminds me too much of Macaulay Caukin. Seriously think about it.

    I'd love to break his girlfriend in half though even if I'd have Hepatitis C and other known diseases.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:33 PM, March 17, 2006  

  • I just re-read your post again. Go get the album "Sex, Love and Rock N Roll" by Social Distortion. I was listening to it while reading the last time. It is exacly what you are talking about, if it makes you feel any better...

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:38 PM, March 17, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:49 PM, December 23, 2008  

  • I've just read your post, 2 years too late. And I am curious, why didn't you just say that you wouldn't mind Brad Pitt doing you? If you are so comfortable with your sexuality why do you feel you need to make the statement under the duress of being 'forced to be gay'?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:51 PM, December 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home