Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's the end of the first period, or first quater depending on how things go...

Image hosting by Photobucket

So, it's my birthday today. I'm 25 now. I've been around for a quarter century.

I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from a Big Ten university.

I have a job with a fortune 500 company.

I have a lovely wife, and a fantastically cute little boy.

I have a house with two vehicles in the garage.

I've managed to get about 14% of my skin tattooed.

Things have gone pretty well in the past 25 years. I don't really recall having any grandiose goals set that I would have liked to have accomplished by this time in my life. The only goal I can remember having is that I want my name and picture in a text book somewhere. So a bunch of school kids will have to learn what I did while they are forced to read about whatever. So I don't know if that will happen, but like I said, I feel pretty good about how things are right now. They could be better, I have a lot of debt, my son broke his little leg, I'm crazy to the point of medication, but life isn't always fair, and it isn't always easy to make decisions.

I do know that I need to get back to Wisconsin. Peoria might-as-well be hell compared to nearly any town in Wisconsin. I don't know that I have any other things in mind that I have to do... maybe get my tattoo machine to work so I can get the hell out of the corporate world. Who knows...?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home