Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My scars remind me that the past is real

Not much interesting has been happening to me lately so I haven’t really had any reason to post anything. The days seem to melt together when you get less sleep than you need. Carter is already a month and two days old. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since his birth.

Work has been a soul-crushing affair as of late.
Image hosting by Photobucket It’s so completely true that who you work with makes or breaks your job satisfaction. I was happier going to work cleaning maggots out of bone barrels at the meat department for 9 buck an hour than I am going to work designing stuff making 28 dollars an hour. We had a fun ass crew cleaning the meat department though. Positions are being and set to be shuffled at work though, so it may improve.

We played two hockey games last weekend. We lost both by one goal. Those are tough loses, but they were good games. I bruised my hip/ass pretty bad during the Sunday game. My pants kept riding up when I would fall and the hip pads moved out of place. I think I’ll post some bruise pictures tonight. I always like to take some snap shots of good ones. There’s something cool and honorable about bruises and scars.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Slapshot to the front of the foot (There's no padding there)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Slashed on the inner thigh (There is also no padding there)

Image hosting by Photobucket

My latest ass bruise (not a very good picture)

It seems that I’m the only heavily tattooed engineer on the planet. Haven’t had any responses yet. (See post below) Aren’t I a special little snowflake?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Yes, you are "special"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM, February 15, 2006  

  • Scars are cool. There's only one scar on my body that I have no idea how it got there which is bad because it's a big scar too.

    I too used to work at a meatworks - straight after farming incidentally - and we had some awesome times like the time I hopped in the omasum washer and got my friend Carl to turn it on. And the time I slide down the petfood bin chute into the petfood room. And the time we had water fights where I picked a guy off 10 meters away and didn't even get a drop on the guy standing right next to him. Or the time I backed a guy into a corner and sat there for two minutes hosing him down - he wasn't too bright that one. Oh yeah and there was the time when I was on the race and I slipped with the cattle prodder and it when up a bull's arse and electricuted him from the inside - he wasn't pleased with that one.

    Yep, meatworks is a great place to work. Now I'm stuck repairing computers and being bored out of my skull. I'm doing this at work as we speak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM, February 21, 2006  

  • I'm a heavily tattooed engineer. So, you are not the only one. I have tried to email you but did not get a response back. Maybe I had the email address wrong. Here is mine. jrnicholas@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Jason N., at 11:24 AM, July 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home