Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, March 24, 2006

Lawryde is back from his vision quest... or something like that

So I’ve been a bad little monkey recently and haven’t been posting with the frequency I normally do.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Hopefully my loyal readers haven’t been too bored looking at the same shit every time they load my blog.

The main reason I haven’t posted anything in a while is that I’ve been at a training class all week for work. In the class we got to take apart a diesel engine and then rebuild it. It was really fun. Most people might not think that would be fun, but it was.

Image hosting by Photobucket
That’s a picture of a C13 Opposite of Dog engine, which is the engine that I took apart.

Our hockey season is wrapping up with our tournament. We’ve played four games in the last six days. We’ve ended up in the loser’s bracket, but only need to beat one more team to make it to the finals, where we would have to beat the winner’s bracket team twice in a row. It’s improbable, but not impossible for us to win the division. I doubt we will. We haven’t been playing well, and we have a true C league team (a mix of beginners and relatively decent players). The dick-hole firefighters, and the other team still in it, have no beginners who can barely skate, and also have guys who should be in B, if not A, league. Ah well, I’ve had fun this season, and gotten better. I’ve scored a total of 4 goals in the games we’ve played.

Work is becoming less oppressive day by day. I really like my new boss, he’s not weird and quiet like my last one, and my Ultra Conservative-Christian systems engineer is moving a cubicle away from me so he won’t be looking over my shoulder every time he turns around.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Carter is very happy that his cast is off. Isn’t he adorable? Can I create a high quality baby or what?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home