Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, April 03, 2006

What is America?

How can we define what the United States of America is?

What words would we use to describe it?

Freedom
Opportunity
Diversity
Innovation
Democracy
Liberty
Hardworking
Goodwill to all People


Actually that’s all bullshit.

Here’s a picture I took, which sums up what the United States of America is all about.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here we have a Japanese designed truck with an American flag sticker on it, which is faded so it’s almost unrecognizable in color.

I would guess this person bought their American flag sticker some time after 9/11 when patriotism was at a zenith in this country.

Now the manufacturer of that flag wanted to make as much money as fast as possible and take advantage of people’s need to feel patriotic. So they used the cheapest ink and material to make it, most likely in China or Taiwan.

Then to top it off, it’s on a Japanese truck. What the fuck do the Japanese know about making trucks? I thought we were the rugged cowboy’s of the world. Oh wait, they can build their cars and trucks so that they last longer, and since most American’s are too fucking cheap they aren’t willing to buy an American made and designed car or truck to continue to ACTUALLY support their country.

America is, was, and always will be about one thing: Money. Liberty and Justice for all is a snappy catch phrase, but in the end, it’s all about the Benjamin’s.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • It's why I traded in the BMW for the Hummer. The BMW was made in South Africa and the Hummer is made in Louisiana.

    By Blogger Steve, at 4:35 PM, April 03, 2006  

  • You know Peoria is the zenith of American hypocrisy and in general people are so brainwashed by the mainstream UNliberal media that they don't know their own ass from a faded "I Support Magnetic Ribbons" magnetic car ribbon.

    Did you take that picture with a company camera? I'm turning you in for misuse of office supplies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 PM, April 03, 2006  

  • Did you take that picture with an American made camera? Just curious....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM, April 03, 2006  

  • No shit- this country is full of hypocrisy- did you read my schnazzy entry about stupid people and communism? I rock- my blog rocks and I rule the world.

    By Blogger H Bomb, at 9:55 PM, April 03, 2006  

  • I Support Magnetic Car Ribbons, and I'm quite sure they are all mass produced right here in the good ol' U.S.of A.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM, April 04, 2006  

  • Touché, salesman. :)

    By Blogger Sig., at 5:36 PM, April 04, 2006  

  • I knew you would finally get it.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:36 PM, April 06, 2006  

  • damn... I am going through Gonzo withdrawls... post already! :)

    By Blogger Steve, at 12:36 PM, April 08, 2006  

  • America fat rich wealthy people, Please lay off on taxing the living freaking hell out of me So i can make enough money to move to another country. Let the Mexicans and anyone else move in, But Dear God let me work my fingers down to the bone to leave.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home