Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What a fucking Tool I’ve become

I was rereading my last post, and I realized what a corporate bitch I’ve become. This became even clearer in my mind when I read the most recent blog post of my old college roommate JJ and looked at his pictures. He’s still living the college rock‘n’roll lifestyle, and I’m a big fucking sellout.

It has its benefits I guess. I make 3-6 times as much money as he does, and have outstanding health insurance. I own a house and two cars, and have the start of nice little retirement nest egg.

I was sitting at lunch today and eating with some of the guys in my section, and I realized how little I have in common with them, and how boring our conversations are.

I’m fucking sick and tired of hearing about golfing, and weather, and local issues, and houses, and carriers, and the boring shit we all did on the weekend, and all that other meaningless crap.

I’ve worked with better crews at the meat department and while being a janitor at a hospital.

There are so very few real people here, and I’m as phony as the rest of them.

I give up who I am to make a dime.
I’m just another one of big JO’s bitches.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • You're only a tool because you have a wife who likes to buy things, but doesn't want to work herself. Blame it all on her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM, May 11, 2006  

  • I suppose you could have been Hunter S. Thompson the second, but you made the choices you did. real people = true Scotsman fallacy, just so you know.

    By Blogger E, at 3:10 PM, May 14, 2006  

  • Hmmm, I had to look up the true Scotsman thing... When I said real people, I meant people who are true to what they believe in and don't compromise.

    Everyone here comporomises who they are to get ahead, and play by the systems rules.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 10:06 AM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home