Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, August 18, 2006

The band Coldplay is so fucking pretentious…

That being said, they do have some very heart wrenching infectious songs.

I learned today why my comrade at work was gone for the past two days. His brother’s baby died due to a congenital diaphragmatic hernia (a hole in the diaphragm). Call me a big pussy, but I wanted give him a hug.

I didn’t.

It would have been uncouth.

Having gone through a miscarriage with my wife, the news that his brother’s full term baby had died just cut right to the heart of me. It made me want to cry, as I thought about my Carter.

I had been listening to Fix You by Coldplay because it was in my head since it’s on the preview for that 9/11 movie.

It fits so well. So fucking tragic though…

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Original of the Species by U2 is my feel good song when I am down...

    Sorrow by Bad Religion is another great one. Used to listen to that one incessantly when I was down. Go download it!

    After just having a baby... I am totally fucking speechless

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:18 PM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home