Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, September 18, 2006

First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

My monotonous life hasn’t really lead to any interesting posting opportunities as of late.

I get up, I shower, I get dressed, I make my lunch, I go to work, I mask my contempt and try to find meaning in my job, I come home, I put my son down for a nap, I make dinner, I watch TV, I put my son down for the evening, I watch TV, I go to sleep, I wake intermittently throughout the night when my son stirs and wants to eat. Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

The high points of my week are House on Tuesday, Project Runway on Wednesday, Playing Ice Hockey on Friday morning, Stargate SG-1 on Friday, and The Simpsons and Family Guy on Sunday.

I should find a second part time job. Looking back, I liked working multiple jobs (3 at one point) when I was in High School and College. When you don’t have time for anything you begin to appreciate little things more. You value any time you have with people you love, and love being able to do things you enjoy. Also, the $500-$700 more a month would destroy my debt within a year.

I don’t know. There’d be some amount of shame and embarrassment associated with changing oil on the side with a BS in Mechanical engineering. Some amount of degradation in telling my Opposite of Dog coworkers I can’t come over on the weekend because I have to go cut meat.

If you fucking assholes (and I mean that in a kind and gentle way) would just buy Instant Grocery List I wouldn’t have to.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home