Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remember, Remember the fifth of November.

I was watching Foxnews Sunday morning when the little monkey woke up around 7:00 because I like to get my Republican talking points for the day early so I can spread them to the masses. They were having an “ask a doctor” segment with emails from viewers. The doctor was about 90 years old and probably still drilled holes in people’s skulls to release the demons. But I digress. The question from the viewer was, Do tattoos permanently damage the immune system? The crotchety old doctor said, “Well, I do notice that a lot of young kids have tattoos these days. I don’t understand why.” He continued and did verify that tattoos in fact did NOT permanently damage your immune system like HIV and AIDS do. What kind of idiot asks these questions? He went on to say that there is the potential to contract Hepatitis B if conditions aren’t sterile when the tattoo is applied, which is true.

In grand Foxnews fashion, they put up in text on the bottom of the screen: Tattoos cause Hepatitis B.

What irresponsible dip-shits.

Then one of the stupid asshole commentators said that what you like at 15 you might not like at 30. These people are idiots. They’re trained at reading cards while having Rupert Murdoch’s hand up their ass. When they go off the cuff they show how truly idiotic they are. Any tattoo shop worth their salt won’t tattoo anyone who’s 15.

Jesus Tap-dancing Christ.

And today is 9/11, it’s been five years since that terrible tragedy. It’s a fucking shame it happened. Below from BBC.com pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole situation.

Pessimism about Western tactics

Professor Michael Clarke of King's College, London, is gloomy in the short term at least.

"If I was Osama Bin Laden sitting in my cave, I would think I was winning," he said.

"I would consider that I am still at large, I have a global movement, I strike a chord with young Muslims everywhere, I am an inspiration not a planner and I have lured the US into wars in Afghanistan and Iraq of my choosing and of my way of fighting."
He added: "Nor is the West countering the easy narrative offered by the jihadis. They are, and I agree with the Bush language on this, Islamic fascists, but we are not engaging enough in the war of ideas and are instead dwelling on their actions. They can counter that by dwelling on ours, in a game of moral equivalence."

Optimism about Western values

Professor Clarke is more optimistic in the long term.

"It will get worse before it gets better but I expect western policy to win eventually because it offers a superior political, moral and economic model. However we have not made things easy for ourselves by mistakes, first in Afghanistan by allowing Taleban and al-Qaeda leaders to escape and then on a grand scale in making a strategic mistake by invading Iraq.

"This is probably going to take a generation to resolve, until the angry young jihadis turn into tired old men, as the Marxist-Leninists did."

Bush did such a chimpy job in the wake of 9/11 that things aren’t really any better. He just
furthered his, and his own parties’ agenda’s using fear. When we get a real leader on the job our policies will prevail.

Buy Instant Grocery List

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • A tattoo isn't a disease or parasite, therefore why should it have any permanent affect on the immune system? L2science, Fox News viewers!

    By Blogger E, at 4:33 PM, September 11, 2006  

  • Hmmm...

    I don't venture to see going to Iraq as a mistake or blunder. Not going would have been the mistake...

    (insert mistake on Epic proportions here)

    But I forgot, the left has all the answers this country will ever need today and now. Just listen to their leaders:

    Howard Dean: (insert Aarrrgggghhhh!!!! here)

    Nancy Pelosi: (insert cricket chirp)

    Gore: (insert comments on the Kyoto Treaty, the invention of the internet and "I'm so cereal")

    I'd be a little more freaked about Hepatitis "C" myself.

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:19 PM, September 11, 2006  

  • You gotta love Fox News...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM, September 11, 2006  

  • I get the same amount of entertainment watching Bill Maher or John Stewart as I do watching Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.

    O'Reilly so transparent it's frightening. And this is coming from a conservative!

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:34 PM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home