Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, October 30, 2006

I am Jack’s Good Fortune

The last few days have been great. I feel fantastic, upbeat, better than I have in quite some time.

Here are the pictures I promised you though.

Before

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Removed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday I went to the last hockey practice before the league starts. I found out I’m going to be on the Orange team this season rather than the duping ground for new shitty players that is the Blue team. It’s going to be nice to be on a team with decent players this year. I’m really looking forward to the season.

I also decided to go ahead and buy myself a composite stick. I normally use wood, but I’ve been having the blades break pretty frequently and they are really heavy and don’t really have a good snap to them. I got a Mission two-piece with a replaceable blade, so as long as I don’t break the shaft it will be a good for a much longer time. I used it last night and all I can say is wow. I didn’t realize how much better it would be than a wood stick. My slapshot usually sucks balls, but now it’s like a rocket. The stick is like a rubber band launching the puck. It’s sweet.

Also, people say that it’s harder to stickhandle with a composite, that it doesn’t have as good a feel as a wood stick. I didn’t really think this was the case. It definitely had a different feel to it, but I thought in the end it was easier to stickhandle and to receive a pass with.

So I’m on a good team this winter, and I’ve got a kick-ass stick.

Ah yes, I saw the boy take his very first unassisted steps this past week. It was fucking incredible. It blows my mind how little things can be so amazing with an infant. He took four or five steps towards me then fell into my arms, I hugged him and told him how great he was as he laughed and smiled. Life doesn’t get much better than a moment like that.

And here's a picture of the little monkey for ya:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • Looks like you have a little Republican on your hands. For one, he seems to like doing things for himself without assistence and two, he has devil horns.

    That's awesome, I can't wait until my son walks... dude's getting heavy!!

    I do enjoy his smile when I say "Who's your daddy!" though.

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:56 PM, October 30, 2006  

  • I used an aluminum stick for a couple of years, but never tried a composite stick. In the end, always prefered wood stick.

    By Blogger Nick, at 8:42 PM, October 30, 2006  

  • I have a graphite stick that I like pretty well. Maybe that's what you mean by composite; I was never really picky about what kind of gear I had.

    By Blogger E, at 12:22 PM, October 31, 2006  

  • It's a graphite, Kevlar composite. I'm usually not that picky either, I just thought I'd give it a try, and it's made a noticeable difference.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 1:05 PM, October 31, 2006  

  • What a cute kid.

    By Blogger Sig., at 5:19 PM, October 31, 2006  

  • Luckily he takes after his mother.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 7:30 AM, November 01, 2006  

  • What would you do without Jim? That Carter looks like a little devil. Is that why he takes after his mom ;-)

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:34 PM, November 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home