Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I’m going to rip my eyelid off…

If it doesn’t stop twitching!!! It’s just the slightest muscle spasm in my eyelid, but it’s annoying as hell. I looked around online and I guess it just starts to happen and then in a few days or a week it goes away.

My boy’s mind and physical abilities have exploded in the last week. He’s got this toy walker thing and he went from not really knowing how to use it to being able to walk around with it, change direction, and stand up using it as well. He’s also started saying “uh-oh”. He already had been saying “Ma-ma” and once in a while “Da-da”. “Uh-oh” is such a change syllable-wise from “ma-ma” and “da-da” it’s pretty neat. He’s so incredible. Each day, I can’t wait to see what he’ll do next.

My fear of dying has begun to creep back into my head. Any amateur physiologists want to explain to me why I always get panicked over it in the shower? Its rise also seems to coincide with my wife’s dissatisfaction with me. Either it’s triggered by it, or my attitude when it surfaces causes her dissatisfaction. I don’t know.

I know I’ve been a bit lax on posting lately. I’ll try to be better, but is seems like I’m always busy with some shit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Um... Elijah is turning pages in a book we read to him... when it's time to turn the PAGES!!!! Yeah going on 4 months about 10 days from now. Dude can't flip over yet but can turn pages! Freaking amazing!

    About your fear of dying... I think it is something we all fear. I travel a lot, selling soap no less and I fear the plane ripping apart. I see wrecks on the freeway all day long and I worry about my safety in my company vehicle and some idiot in a Hummer colliding into me in that little piece of shit!

    I think we all fear it. I fear most being suddenly crippled. I write extensively as you know about chronic pain and I am faced with a barrage of steroid shots coming up in a few weeks to get my back up to strength. I always fear that the doctors know what I have but aren't telling me so they can keep their profits up at the HMO. (though it's non-profit)

    I think though, you should worry about what you can control and not about what you can't. You show up to work everyday, you have a beautiful family, you are on a great hockey team, etc. I personally hope I don't know when death is actually coming. That way I can contribute 100% what I ultimately care about.

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:04 PM, November 28, 2006  

  • Guess who taught him uh-oh? While you were out with your dad, and Steph was out with heather, i sat on the floor and played with him, and everytime he dropped something or fell or whatever, I said uh-oh! yea for oma!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 AM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home