Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hope is a dangerous thing

Man, I haven’t had a chance to post in a while. A job in design is kind of like that, you bust ass for a few months designing and detailing shit, then while it’s getting made you don’t have a whole lot to do. It is nice to have stuff to do, and be able to check things off a list. Gives me some sense of accomplishment. Work feels pretty good now. I think it’s because I have good bosses now, plus it’s almost my time to move to another position within Opposite of Dog. That’s how it works around here; you work in a position for 3-4 years then move to something different to get a broader set of skills. It looks promising that I’ll get a job in the Machine Dynamics testing group in 4-6 months. I’m actually kind of excited about it.

I’d also like to make one comment to all my Republican friends who still somehow think GW knows what he’s doing.

GW wants to put 20,000 more troops in Iraq to secure Baghdad. After the speech I was watching MSNBC and one of the people on there brought up a good point. The NYPD has about 37,000 police officers.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the worst parts of NYC don’t even come close to what’s going on in Baghdad right now.

Worst President EVER.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Nothing to do with your post, but Happy New Year..
    I was reflecting back on days of yore..I still think beating FF2 working together with you is a definate top 10 accomplishment..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM, January 11, 2007  

  • That was pretty fucking sweet. Remember we couldn't figure out how the hell to get to the moon... How the fuck do you use the whale?! I bought that for PS1 a while back and was playing it.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:17 AM, January 12, 2007  

  • Yeah but, the NYPD doesn't roll in Bradley's, have snipers positioned around roof tops and AC 130's in teh sky fighting people armed with AK 47's and rocket launchers fighting over religion.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:42 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • At the very least, the bad guys in NYC aren't blowing lots of people up in their quest for vengence. Let's just say that things are not going that well in Baghdad.

    By Blogger JPerry, at 6:45 PM, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home