Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, February 15, 2007

February is for F*cking

Wow, my first post of February and it’s the fucking 15th. It’s been a busy, cold month so far. The work and bullshit just keep piling up at work. The only thing that keeps me from going crazy is the fact that I’m going to be switching positions within the company within the next 6 months. I’m hoping to move into a test area, far less bullshit, far more real engineering.

I figured out what’s wrong with this company though. It’s full of “Yes Men”. No one is brave enough to raise their hand and call shenanigans. Everyone is so concerned with their carriers that they won’t say that the emperor is stark naked. We implement these whack-job ideas and no one with any power says anything, and when people without power say something they’re blackballed and labeled as not being a team player. We’re so bloated with middle management that there’s no one left with any expertise and engineering balls that can get things done.

Anyway, Carter has had a language explosion. He knows like 25 words and 15 signs. He’s so incredibly smart. I don’t really know what 13 month olds are supposed to be able to do, but he understands a lot. If you give him a piece of garbage and say go put that in the garbage, he’ll walk over and go set it on top of the garbage can. (He’s not tall enough to open it). It’s crazy.

I’m planning on getting a new tattoo some time next month with my bonus money. It’s going to be a sperm whale fighting a giant squid in an old school styling sort of way. Animals fighting has been done in tattoo form for quite some time, panther fighting a snake, tiger fighting a dragon, but I’ve never seen a sperm whale fighting a giant squid. It’s going to be fucking awesome. That should fill up the bulk area of my old school left sleeve. Then it will just be filler that needs to be done (stars, wavy cloud type things, etc.) to finish off the sleeve.

I’ll try to write more often since many of you must be suffering from Lawryde withdrawal.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Dude... I hope you know my political bullshit is really just me screwing around for the fun of it. It's kinda like my blog persona if you will.

    I enjoy reading only a few blogs and yours is one of them because unlike like most of the crap you read out there, your blog really shows reality at it's finest. You and your family seem like very nice people.

    I know how hard it is to keep this shit going after you started it. I only do it for the handful of regulars that visit and for myself.

    Good luck with work. Large companies need more good, creative minds. I hope your little "tonka"
    factory has a good 401k, great benefits and that your child grows up to be a Republican.

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:35 PM, February 15, 2007  

  • Intellectual honesty would be a refreshing change -- open honest, objective discussion without fear of reprisal. But most people are lazy and saying yes and going with the flow is easier. CT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home