Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, March 19, 2007

The Quick and the Dreaming

Last night I dreamt I was back in Wisconsin Rapids and for some reason I had to kill someone old west gunslinger style at the elementary school I went to, in the rain. Don’t know who the person was, couldn’t see his face. The detail in the dream of the preparation I did for the gunfight was strange. The grabbing of the holster, the placing of each bullet in the gun, the placement of the holster and gun. The actual gunfight itself played out in Matrix style slow motion. I kept thinking I should be feeling like I was being shot, and that the guy should be dying as I shot him, but neither was happening in the dream.

We lost our hockey game on Saturday; we picked a bad time to start sucking. The playoffs start at the end of the month. I almost had a Gordy Howe hat trick. I got the goal, and the penalty(some say a fight for the Gordy Howe hat trick but a penalty is just as good in our league), no assist though.

I also got to spend a good portion of the weekend talking to “Jon” in India for tech support on my wireless router. (God I hate wireless). Anyway, most people get all cheesed off having to talk to people in India for basically anything you call large companies for these days. I don’t have this problem. Opposite of Dog has also gone around the globe to get Indian engineers. I’m used to interacting with Indian dudes who usually have considerably worse fluency in English than the people you have to deal with on tech support hotlines. “Jon” helped me out and got my network working swimmingly. Personally I’d rather just call him by his real name, whether it be Senthilkumar, Vivek, Nimalan, or whatever.

Now a little Hysteria for you...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • What do I recognize the guy in the video from? Was he Brenda's boyfriend on 6 Feet Under? And, I don't get the video. I am teh stupid today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM, March 19, 2007  

  • dude Muse fucking rocks!!!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:00 PM, March 19, 2007  

  • Which side of the playground?

    Nearest your old homestead, or the "big kids" side?

    Next time I'm up there, I'll try to dig up some chalk, leave a body outline, so you can dream in peace.


    Hope things are going very well for you & your family.

    We're expecting in fall.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 PM, March 19, 2007  

  • Muse is fucking awesome. One of the dudes I work with cued me into this song.

    Near my homestead, big Jay. Things are going pretty well. Cool man, congrats. More fun on the way.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 8:49 PM, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home