Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I’ll take Potpourri Tuesday for $1000 Alex… wait… that doesn’t rhyme.

Don’t use your real name for shit online. It’s ok to use just your first name or whatever, but certainly don’t have your full name associated with whatever sick, twisted, bizarre employment debilitating shit that you’re into. That is why I go by Lawryde online. If potential employer X types A***** L***** into Google they come up with some dudes garden photography and plant portraits, not my heavily tattooed back and my ramblings on how much I hate working in the corporate world.

I’m obsessed with the Muse CD Absolution. It’s so good. I listen to it on the way to work, at work, and on the way home from work.

I’ve been in a really bad, depressed mood the past week or so. I think it’s because I delayed getting my tattoo until this Friday. My wife thinks that means I have an addictive personality. I really, really feel like I need to bleed. That’s not a sign of addiction… is it? Maybe that sounded worse than it actually is. I need to feel the sunburned feeling after getting tattooed and being washed over with endorphins.

In addition to feeling depressed, I feel very physically strong right now. In the past, High School and College, I couldn’t gain any muscle mass. Not that I really tried very hard. Playing video games doesn’t exactly build your pecks. Now that I’m playing hockey on a regular basis and doing push-ups and sit-ups, I’m actually gaining bulk in my arms and chest. This new found feeling of strength really makes me want to fist fight someone. On the top of my list of people I would like to fist fight are the paper-man(he’s not a boy) who delivers the shitty free local Peoria paper (God I hate that fucking paper), the douche bag who was in front of me on the interstate in the left lane chatting away on his cell phone this morning, and Sean Hannity. I should maintain this list and add to it so I don’t forget; much like the people I could be unfaithful to my wife with if I had the opportunity without repercussions. (She has a similar list).



The end is all I can see, and it scares the hell out of me.

That’s how I feel sometimes. Only able to see the end.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Well maybe your problem is that you keep listening to the fucking CD. You have to admit it's not the most uplifting album ever....and emo kids wonder why they're so angsty.

    Try listening to something a bit jazzy, maybe some Tom Jones to cheer you up?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 AM, April 10, 2007  

  • Pick up the new Muse album...

    By Blogger Steve, at 4:23 PM, April 11, 2007  

  • I didn't really dig the new Muse album (I listened to a stolen copy on of the dudes at work had). The only tracks I liked were Invincible and Knights of Cydonia.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:07 AM, April 12, 2007  

  • Wifey Poo is wrong and doesn't understand Muse man.

    Absolution is about love, life, and Armageddon.

    I love all of Muse and got into it because of an Israeli hitchhiker I picked up. He was awesome and so is this album.

    I quite like Tats but would never get one. I like the whole using your body as a canvas which is why I kind of prefer body painting over tats. If something goes wrong or you get bored it's not easy getting rid of tats but with body painting you can start over.

    I have a mounted poster called "Pink Floyd Back Catalog" where six chicks sit backs facing each with a Pink Floyd cover painted on them. It is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

    The tat does look way cool though man.

    BTW, came here from Nick's blog which is also very cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home