Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, April 02, 2007

We did it!

Man I tried like hell to find a clip or sound clip of Stephen Colbert saying "We did it", but I couldn't... Damn it would have had a much better effect.

Anyway, We did it!

We won both games of our double header on Saturday to claim the Peoria C League AHL Championship. We played the black team who beat us the first game of the tournament which put us in the losers bracket, so we wanted some revenge.

We really dominated them the entire game. We had three full lines of offense and two and a half of defense. They only had one extra line of both.

I think I ended up with about 4 assists in the two games and one penalty. I had two basically open net shots that I fucked up, which sucked, but that's why I play in C League and not any higher.

After the game we went out and had some beers and bar food and talked shit about the season. It was nice being on the top of the pile after playing for the worst team the last two years.

So now it'll be Friday mornings until July to get my hockey fix. Then Summer league starts.




I'm the handsomely grizzled gentlemen in the center with the red gloves.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home