Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, April 20, 2007

You've got to be kidding me.

I found this on CNN.com.

"Slain students to receive degrees

Meanwhile, Virginia Tech's provost announced Thursday that the university will award the students killed in Monday's rampage with posthumous degrees.

"The families are very happy about this, and we are actually going to award those degrees during the regular commencement exercises that the students would have participated in with their friends," said Mark McNamee, provost and vice president for academic affairs."

This is so fucking stupid.

I mean seriously, "posthumous degrees".

I can't even compose my thoughs as to how uterlly retarded this is. Should they all file posthumous tax returns, and get posthumous driverlicense renewals, and get posthumous marriage certificates if they had a significant other?

Just insane...

When I die, for whatever reason, don't award me shit. I won't need it. Just fucking remember me, and celebrate what I did, not what I would have done.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Man, you're really sour about this whole thing huh?

    I don't have a problem with it. It doesn't hurt anything, and maybe it gives their families a little something extra to remember them by.

    By Blogger Nick, at 12:32 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • That is so fucking lame. Do they award posthumous degrees to people who die of cancer or burst appendix?

    Everyone sucks. It's on the cover of these weeks people magazine. It made the throw up a little in my mouth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • I feel a lot of anger here lately. It's kind of sad.

    By Blogger Nick, at 2:16 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • Stupidity and hypocrisy always make me mad, but I think wifey would agree that we're quite happy and content lately.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 2:32 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL -that is so pathetically funny. Post -humous drivers licenses was a nice touch!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • Godless Bastard!!! Have you no shame?? You make Jesus cry!!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:58 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • Quite to the contrary, if people truly believed in God and Heaven, they would think that the day a given person dies is the best thing that could have happened to them.

    Why weep when your loved one is in Paradise?

    By Blogger lawryde, at 10:49 PM, April 21, 2007  

  • Thanks for the message.

    Yeah I'd heard rumors that Jake-o and Shortney were to be wed -- Here's to them not reproducing like rabbits.

    Apparently they are living in Mighty Wausau and doing it that way.


    Hope you, wife & son are doing excellent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM, April 22, 2007  

  • I think it's their way of grieving, everyone is different.

    Maybe I'm a bitch, and this goes back to your previous post... what's the big deal. They're dead already. There are other people, MORE people dying violently everyday why can't they get news coverage like this, and posthumous driver licenses?

    I hate the news (corporate news) and want all the news coverage to end, now. Let's get back to Britney Spears dropping her baby on it's head again.... that's the real important stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 AM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home