Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Temporary Blur

Just when I think I can’t have more distain for this place, I read this little snip at the left from isigsigma-magazine.com.

He “found out that a real tattooed logo would fade over time”. Ummmm, elsewhere in the article it said dude has been with Opposite of Dog for 30 years. This means he’s in his 50’s. With the average human life span what it is, if he would actually get that tattooed on him, it wouldn’t fade as long as it was done properly, and sized properly.

I’d say he just lost the nerve to actually do it. Couldn’t find his stones on the given day? Wife talked him out of it? Religion talked him out of it?

If I had the stones, I’d email him and set it straight that it wouldn’t fade. Let him know I’d man up with him and get the very same logo tattooed on me if he’d do it, bigger in fact.

For me, it wouldn’t be a big thing. I’ve got bizarre things tattooed on my body.

It would be one of the biggest decisions of his life. Taking that first step. Although a man of his salary could get the laser surgery later on to remove it.

So maybe it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • Great observation, how it wouldn't be a big deal to you but possibley life changing (or not) for him. Once you get a few tattoos the "big dealness" of it wears off quick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM, April 25, 2007  

  • LOL, if six sigma controls your life that much, you need fuckin' help! Why not just tattoo a giant bell curve on your head?

    By Blogger Nick, at 10:13 AM, April 25, 2007  

  • Oh and I think that guy is a pussy.

    So what if it "fades" it can always be touched up. It's an excuse for lack of commitment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM, April 25, 2007  

  • I wonder who gave him such shitty information. And that guy is a loser. You know how I feel about the 6 Sigma thing. I would be very sad if you got that tattooed on your body, it would be VERY UNsexy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM, April 25, 2007  

  • Six Sigma? Is that a cost cutting thing? I think our company does that.

    You should type John Deere on your arm and see what happens. Do it out on your knuckles.

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:45 PM, April 25, 2007  

  • Here's some more potentially bad news for the disillusioned--I saw in Opposite of Dog's proxy statement that the Chairman/ CEO's 2006 total compensation was $14,818,621. The 4 group CEO's made between $4.3-$6.3 million each. I'm sure they're sharing all the fun and profits with the peons, right? The CEO also got a 10% bonus last year. I'm sure you were right up there. CT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM, April 25, 2007  

  • OK, that's dumb. If you're going to sport the tattoo every frickin' day, just get the damn tattoo. What a pansy.

    By Blogger Sig., at 9:50 PM, April 25, 2007  

  • I agree... pussy!

    By Blogger Chels, at 10:51 PM, April 25, 2007  

  • I got more than 10% bonus last year, but at my salary that doesn't mean much.

    Actually Steve, six sigma is a tool that gives people jobs in a company who have lost all real skills and have inflated salaries.

    They can no longer do real engineering, accounting, or marketing jobs. Six sigma allows them to be overpaid secretaries.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 6:56 AM, April 26, 2007  

  • LMAO! Deming would be one proud son of a bitch, wouldn't he?

    By Blogger Nick, at 7:42 AM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home