Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Slap Shot

In the past, my slap shot has been terrible. Weak, inaccurate, and ineffective.

Not that it's my fault, I didn't play organized hockey in High School. Sure I messed around with some friends on the ice here and there, but never really focused on the slapper.

I've gone to some open ice times and practiced, and I've finally got the muscle memory and brain rewiring done to get it down. It's got some snap to it, and I can put the puck where I want.

It's still not perfect, but that's the beauty of hockey, you just play more to get better.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Make sure you don't keep your top hand still. It should move opposite your lower hand - low hand out, top hand in.

    The more your hands move, the faster your stick goes........

    By Blogger Nick, at 9:18 AM, April 30, 2007  

  • I'm glad your slap shot has improved too, it makes the game more fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM, April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home