Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She Isn't Real

I've been able to maintain my good mood for a while now. I feel pretty safe at work, even though they told us within hydraulic system development they don't have approved budget for 14 of the people in the group. I'm not sweating because the D6 has budget for the entire year.


(When I'm alone I like to whisper to myself that I'm developing the hydraulic system on the highest selling bulldozer in the United States. It makes me feel special.) As a result, I feel safe. I'm sad though because some cool people in my group are most likely going to have to go someplace else within the company. I'll lose that camaraderie while I'm developing the highest selling bulldozer in the United States.


Money is cheap right now. I'm going to refinance my car and my house some time soon. I should be able to drop my car payment and take 7 years off my mortgage and still pay about the same. Hopefully I can free up enough money so we can get a larger vehicle. I want a pimped out van, but my wife doesn't. She doesn't like the concept of driving a van. If the van is awesome and has all kinds of cool shit in it then I don't mind that idea.

It's going to be cold tomorrow. Like -40 with the windchill. -40 is special. It's where Celsius and Fahrenheit meet and slap each other on the ass on the way to absolute zero. -40 is just -40. Fucking cold.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • 71 at my house today. My company announced 1000 layoffs yesterday so the stock price jumped 2.50 a share.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ecl

    I was not one of the layoffs... so I can keep on working

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:40 PM, January 15, 2009  

  • Fucking bastards. I heard a rumor that we are announcing our fourth quarter results on the 26th as well as how many people we are going to lay off. I'm guessing to offset the poor 4th quarter performance.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 5:16 AM, January 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home