Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Where is Lawryde

My lack of posting isn't because I've secretly met another group of people who read the boring crap that happens in my life. I wouldn't treat you like that, I swear.

No, I've just kind of been busy following our downward spiral into financial anarchy, posting on the Attachment Parenting of Peoria message board (I guess I may be cheating on you a bit), saving the world one hydraulic system at a time at work, starting to believe that maybe the American dream and the amazing thing that is America may actually happen if/when Obama is elected president, planning my sweet ass Halloween costume, getting excited for Guitar Hero 4 coming out, and perhaps the most important and time consuming thing, growing my hair out. I'm hoping to get here:



Then here:


Having a kick ass sweatband collection is my main draw to having long hair.

and finally perhaps here:



Don't think I'd end up gong that long, but the burning heart thing is cool.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • You and me both. If the stock market goes any lower, I may have to start paying my company dividends to keep it.

    Some days I wish I could grow my hair long. I did sort of in college for a short time that was immortalized in a Christmas photo for my parents. I usually had the spikey Terminator look through out high school so it was a big transition. It was 1994, Cobain killed himself, I was hooked on Pearl Jam, my guitar and doing the cool,liberal thing of going to Music School to be a teacher. I wore Birkenstocks for a whole year in college. Yes I inhaled. Oh boy... did I inhale. Voted for Clinton in 1996.

    Then I went corporate prick a few years later after college. For 12 years I have worked for the same company creating a life far beyond my imagination. I lived the dream. You have seen everything the last 4 years or so I have been blogging as a random bystander who happened to disagree with a post I wrote way back when.

    It is too surreal right now. I am making a huge transition with the divorce and at the same time life is crumbling for America, there is a radical change on the horizon with a new President no matter who it is because no matter who wins, there is a difference and the difference is in Obama or Sarah Palin. The only thing I feel I have right, right now is my values, my fatherhood and the tenacity to keep my head down and plow through everything no matter what people say or think. And while never looking back in the process, I sometimes feel as down and as low as someone can possibly feel at the same time. Hours with a psychologist and multiple sessions of MRI's and other tests never seem to solve my problems. I am always left without answers and without answers it doesn't validate how I feel.

    In the middle of all this that has been going on the last two years, I briefly stuck my head up and looked back once to something I forgot and rekindled an old meaningful relationship with someone that started 17 years ago. Stars must have been in the right place or something. I looked back once and won the lottery of happiness. We always go through life with regrets. The one decision we could have made that would change everything through life that we wake up late at night from time to time thinking about. I got a chance to reverse one decision, if you could go back...just once. And I did.

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:15 AM, October 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home